Sunday, March 15, 2015

Welcome Aboard the World Famous Jungle Cruise!

That's right ladies and gents, I am now a Skipper on the World Famous Jungle Cruise! Well okay, I have been for the past month as well, but we all now how bad I am at keeping up with my blog. Having the opportunity to work one of the original attractions of Disneyland park has been amazing. It was one of the attractions that opened with the park in 1955 and I am lucky enough to be able to work it during the 60th Anniversary celebration this year!


On February 23, I celebrated 6 months with the Walt Disney Company and I have realized how much I have learned about myself. The past 6 (now 7 months) have been a whirlwind of personal development. There have been so many ups and downs, but the one constant has been my desire to continue working for this company. Everyday I go to work is one that I enjoy. It rarely feels like work and I cannot imagine having a job in which I actually have to "work" for a living. While I'm still unsure about what the future holds for me and where I see myself in 10 years, I know one thing for certain, I absolutely want to be a Cast Member for as long as I possibly can.



In not work related things, I've made some new friends with people who also participated in the College Program but I didn't have the opportunity to meet until now, and I am loving it. Adventures in the park with new friends and old ones still continue to happen and I can't believe how blessed I am to have this opportunity. My roommates and I are enjoying finding new things around our apartment and looking for fun things to do when we're not at Disneyland.


A night out with my roommate!






This past weekend, I drove down to Temecula and participated in a 5K Wine Run at one of the wineries with one of my best friends. It was about 90 degrees out and the run didn't start until 4:30pm. Because of this, we decided to walk rather than run. And it's a good thing we did! So much of the course was uphill and it was entirely on a dirt trail. While the views of the vineyards were very pretty, it was incredibly hot and the stations along the trail ran out of water before we could get there. But on the bright side, we did get a glass of wine upon finishing the race!



And in just a couple of weeks, I am flying home for 6 WHOLE DAYS!! I could not be any more excited. I have missed my family and friends and my hometown. As much as I absolutely love living down here in Southern California, I am happy to have a little break. Until next time, friends!

If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment