Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

As per usual, it's been about a month since my last blog post. Time really does fly when you're having the most incredible experience of your life! Where do I even begin...

How about at Mickey's Halloween Party which I attended as a guest with my cousins! We trick or treated through the park, took pictures with a giant pumpkin and some characters, and rode attractions with almost no lines! Having my cousins so close has been one of the best parts of this experience. I went from seeing them a few times a year to seeing them almost every week.






Next up, I had the incredible opportunity to tour Walt Disney's Dream Suite which is above Pirates of the Caribbean in New Orleans Square at Disneyland. Walt had this built in the 1960s when New Orleans Square was being constructed because he wanted a bigger space to entertain his guests and VIPs that came to the parks. His apartment above the firehouse on Main Street wasn't big enough to hold larger events. After he passed away, the plans were put on hold. From 1987 to 2007, it was home to the Disney Gallery until the Company announced the gallery would be closing and it would be turned into the Disneyland Dream Suite very similar to the one that Walt had originally designed. Guests are now able to stay there only by winning various giveaways or by being VIPs. The various bedrooms, bathrooms, and living areas are themed to different lands and each room has a magical touch for Guests to experience.


Now roommate days in the park are by far my favorite. Everything I've experienced throughout this program would not have been the same if I didn't have Paige and Kaylie by my side. They have without a doubt become two of my best friends and I am so thankful that this program brought us together. Most people hang out at home or run errands on their days off. Luckily for us, we get to go to Disneyland; and meet the lovely royal family of Arrendelle!



Holidays at the Happiest Place on Earth!





Now I'm sure many of you know this already, but Disney doesn't do anything halfway. This would explain why Halloween lasts for two months and so does Christmas. Personally, I have absolutely no problem with this. It allows for 3 Halloween costumes and countless times to experience the snow on Main Street U.S.A. (yes, snow in California; it's shocking I know). As the Christmas tree has just taken residence in Town Square, I have yet to get a picture, but don't you worry, there will be plenty of opportunities for that to happen in the near future!

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!


"In this timeless land of enchantment, the age of chivalry, magic and make-believe are reborn and fairy tales come true." - Walt Disney


No comments:

Post a Comment