Monday, September 22, 2014

One Month Later...

I apologize for the delay of this blog post, but things here have been crazy! But crazy in the best way possible. Life at Disney is absolutely amazing and I am so thankful that I've ended up on this journey.

Left: Guest Control Costume || Right: Indy Costume

For those that don't already know, I was placed as a cast member on INDIANA JONES!! So basically, the greatest attraction in the park. Even though having to walk the track through all of my biggest fears (snakes, bugs, skeletons, the dark) is quite terrifying, it is so cool! Anyways, in addition to working at Indy, I also work guest control/interaction for the parades and firework shows. In short, MY JOB IS AWESOME!!

Roommate Update: They're wonderful and they have become some of my best friends. We also kick butt in our apartment inspections (which happen every other week) and have gotten a perfect score (for cleanliness) every time so far! Just this past week, we won a Wii for the week because our apartment stood out!








Do I go to the parks everyday? Absolutely! Well almost everyday at least. Even if it's just for a few hours, having the ability to go to my favorite place whenever I want to is great. And I'm still not sick of Disney yet either! I've also been able to check quite a few things off my Disneyland Bucket List, such as having a Dole Whip and finally getting Minnie ears!








Program Update: I have made so many incredible new friends. We've gone to an Angels game (only because they were playing the A's), the parks, a concert (Jesse McCartney), had breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen, and have already made memories that I know I will not forget anytime soon. We got to ride Space Mountain with the lights on, which is actually a lot scarier than you would think, and in a few weeks we're going on a backstage tour of Haunted Mansion Holiday! We're also getting a special tour of the Dream Suite that's located above Pirates of the Caribbean! And, the other night after working the parades, we were offered the chance to ride Star Tours and see backstage and how the vehicles operate; it was amazing!

Nicole and I at the Jesse McCartney concert at House of Blues
Goofy's Kitchen with just a few wonderful Cast Members!

I've met princesses, Aladdin, Minnie Mouse, the fairy godmother, Chip & Dale, Alice and the Mad Hatter, Pluto, and Donald. I've seen parades, fireworks, Fantasmic!, and World of Color. And I'm having the time of my life. The Halloween decorations have taken over Main Street and a few of the rides (Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion), and it looks amazing! Especially since I have never seen the Halloween decorations before! And best of all, the firework show, "Remember, Dreams Come True," has returned! (It's the show from the 50th anniversary, and my favorite fireworks show).

Halloween time at Disneyland!
"It's what happens when two holidays collide."
The first night of Remember, Dreams Come True






Last week, the fun had to "stop" for a quick second so that I could attend my first Disney College Program class. While some call this school, it was still pretty awesome and it was definitely the fastest 4 hour class I've ever taken. I'm taking Marketing You which is pretty much what it sounds like. We are learning how to make ourselves more marketable to be able to find a job after college; which for me, is in about 5 months from now. We will learn what job areas interest us, work on our resumes, and how to become professionals; just to name a few things. And we get to dress in business clothes, which some may dread, but I love it! Thank you sorority life for teaching me what it means to "dress to impress." 








And last but not least, this past weekend I had a little bit of home come to Disneyland. My best friend and her family came down to celebrate her birthday. After being here about a month, I'm definitely starting to miss home a little bit and it was really nice to have someone so close to me be here for a few days (even though I do have family only 30 minutes away). Showing them my life and where I work and getting to play in the parks with my best friend (for the first time ever) was so much fun! They even came to visit me while I was working at Indy. Just a few more months until my parents make the trip down and I just know the time is going to fly by!


 "It takes people to make the dream a reality."
-Walt Disney



No comments:

Post a Comment