Monday, August 11, 2014

Packing 101

Alrighty folks, the time has finally come for the madness that is packing to begin. This also means that I will be leaving for Southern California in only 5 days. Yes, 5! I really can't even believe it myself!

Now, if you are anything like me, packing is the most awful task known to man. Whether it be for a weekend trip or 5 months of living and working at Disneyland, packing is something I absolutely dread. I own far too many clothes and shoes to decide what I should and shouldn't pack. Because of this issue, I have decided to create a somewhat extensive, but nowhere near complete, packing list to help future DCPers as well as my fellow cast members who have procrastinated as long as I have.

Clothes
-Tops/Blouses (try to bring ones that can be worn for both classes and going out)
-Gym T-shirts (I plan on going to the gym often so I have quite a few of these)
-T-Shirts & Tank Tops (for going to the parks & other activities)
-Long sleeves (probably only 2 or 3, but it does get a little cold at night during the Winter)
-Sports Bras
-Business Pants (neutral colors to follow the "Disney look")
-Jeans
-Yoga Pants or Sweatpants
-Workout Pants
-Shorts (I'm actually bringing a lot since it's Southern California and it will be warm majority of the time we are there)
-Comfy Shorts (Norts/Soffee - for hanging out at the apartment or working out in)
-Pencil Skirt
-Business Dresses
-Casual Dresses & Skirts
-Blazer
-Pea Coat (surprisingly, it does actually get cold in Anaheim)
-Cardigans
-Rain Jacket
-Sweatshirts
-Bathing Suits (Carnegie does not have a pool, but hello, BEACH!)
-Underwear & Bras
-Socks
-Scarves, Gloves, & Beanies
-Hats
-Belts

Shoes (disclaimer: I like shoes. A lot.)
-Flats (for classes and Traditions)
-Heels (nude & black)
-Wedges (cork & solid black)
-Tennis Shoes (Sperrys, Toms, Vans)
-Brown Riding Boots
-Cowboy Boots (there's a country bar in Fullerton with line dancing, just saying')
-Running Shoes
-Sandals
-Flip Flops


Bathroom Necessities
-Shampoo/Conditioner
-Toothbrush/Toothpaste
-Body Wash
-Face Wash
-Razor
-Deodorant
-Perfume
-Lotion
-Flat Iron/Curling Iron
-Hairbrush
-Hair Ties/Clips
-Feminine Products
-Anything else you use to get ready for the day :)

Misc.
-Makeup
-Book Bag or Backpack
-Laptop & Charger
-Speakers/Stereo
-Camera & Charger/Batteries
-Phone Charger
-Blankets
-Pillows
-Sheets & Comforter
-Bed Risers
-TV & DVD Player (talk with your roommates and coordinate who will bring these)
-Pens/Pencils (you will be going to school AND you'll have homework)
-Printer (again, talk with your roommates if you know who they'll be ahead of time)
-Brita Water Pitcher
-White Board
-Bathroom & Kitchen Hand Towels
-Long Mirror
-Lamps (I've heard there isn't a ton of light in the bedrooms)

The kitchens do come with dishes and pots and pans, but I'm also bringing some plates, cups, bowls, George Foreman grill, and a few other glasses and pans that I already own from living away from home for 4 years. If you don't have this stuff, don't go out and buy it until you're moved in and decide you need it.

But then again, there's always this option.

Well there you have it. My DCP packing list! I'm sure there are items that I have left off and will hopefully remember to pack, but I hope this helps anyone who has as many packing issues as I do. Worst case scenario, you over pack and ship a few things back home or you don't pack enough and have to take a few trips to Target and the mall, or the Disney Store. I have a strong feeling that I have packed too much, but hey, I'm a girl and I love clothes!

"So come with me, where dreams are born and time is never planned. Just think of happy things and your heart will fly on wings forever in never never land."


No comments:

Post a Comment