Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Senioritis

Or maybe I should now just refer to this feeling as Disneyitis. Mostly because all things Disney are constantly on my mind and I am just so excited for the college program to finally begin.

So basically, I just really want it to be August 20th (MOVE-IN!). Or maybe even May 24th (GRADUATION!). But at this point I will settle for next Friday because that's when Spring Break starts. I'm sure many of you experienced Senioritis in high school or maybe even during your freshman - junior years but let me tell you, that is NOTHING compared to the feeling of utter laziness that comes in the last semester of your senior year. Unfortunately for me, I have about 6 classes too many to even consider slacking off.

There are so many fun things to look forward to and thank goodness because they are the only things getting me through the next two months of the semester. First of all, I'm going to baseball opening day at the end of the month! Hallelujah it's finally back!! Second, I'm about a month away from experiencing what Taylor Swift likes to call "Feelin' 22." Third, I'm going to VEGAS for said birthday with my cousin/best friend. And then I must struggle through one more month and finals until I get to graduate. Sadly, the celebrating doesn't happen yet because two weeks after graduation I will be taking the LSAT. Oh joy. But theeeeeeeen, the 3 month countdown to the DCP begins!

Anyways, back to why the feeling should really be called Disneyitis. If you haven't read the Buzzfeed article about the stages of waiting in line for rides at Disneyland you really should. Plus, the following will make a lot more sense.

Stage 1: Excitement - So it's finally the last semester of undergrad and oh my gosh I am so excited to almost be done with college!
Stage 2: Doubt - Wait, do I really have to graduate and go out into the big kid world?
Stage 3: Acceptance - Okay, yes, I really do have to finish the semester and graduate and actually manage to get good grades.
Stage 4: Annoyance - Is it really necessary for every assignment to be due on the same day as all of my exams? I really just want to lay in bed and binge watch every possible show on Netflix.
Stage 5: Confusion - It's almost Spring Break?! When did that happen? Midterms?! No, this cannot be happening already.
Stage 6: Panic - There's just so much studying and I've learned nothing this semester yet I'm still expected to know everything for my exams. Please excuse me as I crawl into bed and have a panic attack.
Stage 7: Rage - Don't talk to me. Don't look at me. Leave me alone. I hate school. What am I even doing here?
Stage 8: Defeat - There's nothing I can do but to finish this semester no matter how many sleepless nights it takes.
Stage 9: Hope - For me, this came in the form of my acceptance to the Disney College Program because now after graduation I will no longer be unemployed and living at home. Just a few more months and it will all be over.
Stage 10: Joy - OH MY GOD I JUST GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE AND NOW I'M MOVING TO WORK AT DISNEYLAND!!


No comments:

Post a Comment